Always working for safer and healthier communities
For Public Health Related Emergencies Call 911
Programs - Other Services

Other Services

Air Quality
The Northwest Clean Air Agency (NWCAA) is responsible for enforcing air pollution regulations in Island, Skagit, and Whatcom counties.  Please contact the NWCAA for air quality issues related to asbestos, burn bans, climate change, indoor air quality, outdoor burning, permitting, wood heating appliances, and air quality complaints.  The NWCAA can be reached at (800) 622-4627, and offer a free DVD, which addresses asthma triggers and mold in the home. 
Clandestine Drug Labs and Methamphetamine Contaminated Properties
A clandestine drug lab discovered and shut down by a law enforcement agency or the Department of Ecology may have buildings and property contaminated from the chemicals that were used in the drug manufacturing, storage, or distribution processes.  If a property is declared unfit for use by Public Health, the site must be decontaminated according to Washington State Health Department standards before it can be reoccupied.   A list of certified decontamination contractors can be found at
Matters related to aircraft noise patterns on North Whidbey and Central Whidbey are handled by Island County Planning and Community Development.  Island County Planning and Community Development can be reached at (360) 679-7339.  All matters related to Island County noise ordinance violations are handled by the Island County Sheriff’s Office.  To reach the Island County Sheriff’s Office, for emergencies call 911, and for non-emergencies call (360) 679-9567.
Underground Storage Tanks
If you are the owner or operator of an underground storage tank (UST), and become aware of a leak or spill of petroleum or other hazardous substances, contact the Department of Ecology immediately.  Please go to the Department of Ecology links on the right side of the page or call the Toxics Cleanup Program at (360) 407-7170 for additional information.



Related Links
DOE - Residential Heating Oil Tanks
View link

DOE - What To Do If You Find A Leak Or Spill From Your Underground Storage Tank
View link

Northwest Clean Air Agency
View link